Musical Theatre – June 29th to July 21st 2013 inclusive.
Click here to check out our stellar faculty!
The show in 2013 will be Shrek, The Musical
CYMC’s 2013 musical theatre program is filling up extremely quickly. Thank you so much for your interest! Registration for the summer musical Shrek The Musical, is now limited to those participants 16 and over due to the vocal and other demands of the show. We will take a wait list for those under 16 and if anyone signed up in that age category is unable to do the show you will be contacted in order that the registrations have been received.
As requested last year, hoodies are now available for purchasing. There are two versions, the zip front ones costing $40.00 and the pull over ones are $30.00. The price includes taxes. They are black with the Shrek logo on the back. You can pay for them with a cheque, cash, credit card, (if you have a card on file and wish to use that, just let us know at email@example.com ) You can also use PayPal.
A vibrant group of young people will come together and prepare A FULL LENGTH MUSICAL, work with a world class creative team, and make friends that they will treasure forever.
For many students, CYMC Musical Theatre is the highlight of the year; a unique combination of hard work, relaxation, learning, and friendship. This all leads to our grand finale, as we perform Shrek, The Musical in Courtenay, BC at the world class Sid Williams Theatre.
CYMC Musical Theatre’s summer season begins with a set of rigorous auditions, similar to those you would experience in the professional world. These auditions are for casting purposes only, you do not need to audition to get into the program. All students are accepted as long as there is room. None of the roles have been pre-cast so all participants will start on an equal footing when they arrive.
CYMC Musical Theatre is an experience to treasure forever. CYMC students work alongside peers who share the same tremendous passion for the performing arts. Our students have made friends that become part of their extended families and form part of a larger network of theatrical contacts that will help and inspire them as they develop as performers.
- This year’s show is Shrek, The Musical.
- June 29 – July 21, 2013 includes arrival and departure dates.
- Performances at the beautiful 546 seat Sid Williams Theatre, in Courtenay, BC
- Exciting workshops in singing, dancing, acting and more.
CYMC Musical Theatre is made up of an exciting production team of creative professionals. Our shows are piloted by an exceptional directorial team with an excellent track record for crafting vibrant and relevant theatrical experiences.
Be prepared to spend the whole day from 9:00am to 9:00pm every day getting the show on the way. There will be rest periods during the day, but you will need to be available. It is quite a feat to bring a show to the stage in such a short time – you will be very proud of yourselves!
- Lori Mazey, award winning director and educator. Director of “A Chorus Line” and Glee Club in 2011 and director of the sold out Les Miserables in 2012
- Lindsay Sterk our 2011 director of dance and choreographer, and our 2012 choreographer for Les Miserables was recently featured in the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games opening ceremonies as a tap dancer.
- Heather Burns, who directed the music for Les Miserable, Schools Edition last year, 2012 is back for Shrek. After studying and working in LA, Washington, Winnipeg and Banff, she has made Victoria her home. She holds a MA in Piano Performance and enjoys opportunities to teach & perform both locally and abroad. Heather has released 2 CD’s, “Child’s Play” (2005) and “Road Back Home” (2008), both instrumental mixes of music reflecting the jazz, Celtic, Roots, and classical influences that have cultivated her style over 15 years of study and training.
- Molly Hilliar, designed the amazing costumes for Les Miserables – School Edition in 2012. Some of them can be seen in these photos. She has designed costumes for many local theatre groups and has won awards for her work.
Fees for the Summer 2013 program:
Tuition fees for the program will be $800.00. There is an early bird fee of $725.00 if registered and paid in full by March 31st, 2013. There is also a non-refundable registration fee of $85 (which reserves your place in the program), and brings the total to $885.00 or $810.00 for the early bird fee. Camp fees for the three weeks are $800.00, this includes meals accommodation and transportation. For those students not staying in camp and who wish to buy meals, lunches are $9 and dinners are $11.
You can now pay for this program using PayPal. Click on the PayPal logo to pay.
You can download the registration forms for the 2013 season here:
Header Photo by Brent Reid